Nut Free Zone in the Junior Room

Dear Junior Room Parents/Guardians

It has come to our attention that a new junior infant has a severe allergic reaction to peanuts/nuts. This allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products, cross contamination and breathing peanuts in the air.

Since this condition can be life threatening, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk to this child by:

a)    Avoiding giving children peanuts in school lunches

b)   Avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in school lunches

c)    Asking children not to share their lunches.

d)   If your child has eaten peanuts/nuts before coming to school, please be sure your child’s hands and face have been thoroughly washed before entering the school.

Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of allergic reaction to this child, starting June 1st 2017. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

We thank you for your co-operation.

Ms. Nuzum