Saving by Recycling
- Avoid filling your refuse with electrical and battery waste that can be recycled for free
- By recycling you are not only diverting these items from landfill, but through the recycling components will be recovered for re-production
- Every battery recycled through WEEE Ireland helps raise funds for LauraLynn, Ireland’s Children’s Hospice
It’s Simple and It’s Easy – Start Today!
Batteries, large and small electrical appliances and lighting equipment can all be recycled for FREE. Here’s what to do and where to go.
- Retailer of a similar product*
- Civic Amenity Recycling Centre – full listing here
- WEEE Ireland Public Collection Days
Store waste batteries in a cool dry place – why not bring them along to your newsagent on a weekly basis to save them building up at home?
Don’t forget that small things matter – electric toothbrushes, toys, power tools – all these small gadgets can be recycled too.
Be a bright spark and recycle any energy saving light buls you have. Check out bulbexchange.ie
*Any Local Retailer selling portable batteries will take back your waste batteries for free recycling without any purchase necessary. Large electrical retailers (Over 400 sq m) will take back small electrical appliances for free recycling with no purchase necessary. Your retailer will recycle your large appliances when you are purchasing on a one for one like for like basis.