The purpose of the P.A. is to provide a structure through which the parents/guardians of pupils attending Scoil San Eoin can work together for the best possible education and welfare of their pupils.
What is the role of the Parents Association?
· To represent the views of parents/guardians.
· To develop partnership between the school bodies.
· To work as a team and to have a yearly plan.
· To establish a forum through which parents/guardians and teachers can communicate their opinions and concerns regarding the school, exchange information and research in relation to the education/welfare of the children.
· To help plan and carry out a programme of activities for the year, in consultation with the Principal and Board of Management and to run activities that involve parents/guardians and pupils, whilst keeping parents/guardians informed about activities planned for the school.
· To help raise funds for the school and the Parents Association in consultation with the Principal and Board of Management.
What is NOT the role of the Parents Association?
· To get involved in individual complaints.
· Day to day running of the school.
· Appointment of teachers.
· Carrying out activities without consultation with Principal and/or Board of Management.
If you wish to volunteer for school events, or if you have suggestions/ comments on the working of the P.A. please contact any member of the P.A. or email email@example.com.
Chairperson: Shannon O'Halloran
Secretary: Nicole Keogh
Treasurer: Shelly Phips
Members: Michelle Phipps