History

Scoil San Eoin N.S. is a two teacher school, situated in Redcross in Avoca Parish, the biggest parish geographically in the Archdiocese of Dublin.  The school was built in 1963 replacing the older building which was built in 1895.  A great debt is owed to the people of Redcross who fundraised and worked tirelessly to ensure that this new school became a reality.  The site was donated by the Williams family.

William O’Keeffe was principal of the school from 1973 until he retired in 2012 at which stage, Linda Greene was appointed to the post.  During the summer of 2012 the school was completely renovated and upgraded.  Once again, the people of Redcross, through their generosity of time and skills, made this project possible.

A lovely new classroom, along with disabled w/c and storage, to replace the existing prefabricated building, was completed in September, 2015.